Last Updated on February 10, 2024 by admin
Brinjal’s Latin name is “Solenam melozina” and its English name is “Eggplant”. Brinjal is cultivated all over India since ancient. Its popularity, taste and qualities retain only in winter season, so it is considered “The king of vegetables” in the winter season. Its taste changes in the summer season too. There are two kinds of brinjal- black and white but black brinjal is considered more useful than the white brinjal. Brinjal has another kind also but it is lower kind according to its properties.
The brinjal which has much seeds is poisonous. As brinjal is soft and smooth as it is qualitative and powerful. The brinjal, which comes in summer season contain excessive seeds. This brinjal should not be used. Brinjal should not be eaten near about “Deepawali”. Doing so is just according to medical science. Bile increases in winters, so eating brinjal (which increases bile) in this season becomes the cause of many diseases. Eating brinjal in spring is very useful.
The sabji (cooked vegetable) of brinjal prepared with oil and asafetida is useful for vatta natured persons. Eating brinjal in the winter season is also useful for kapha and general natured persons.
Brinjal (Baingan): Name in Different Languages
|ಬೇಳೆ ಹಣ್ಣು (Bele Hannu)
Brinjal (Baingan) Ayurvedic Properties:
- Nature: Brinjal is hot and dry.
- Brinjal makes the stomach strong and breaks the tumours.
- Brinjal passes chocked urine out and provides relief in pain caused by heat.
- Rub head side part of the brinjal and apply it on the piles. It is useful in piles.
- Fomenting injury affected portion with brinjal and mango ginger provides relief.
- Brinjal is bitter, sweet and heavy.
- It increases appetite and bile.
- It enhances physical power and sperm count.
- It is useful for the heart and gets rid of vatta disorders.
- Brinjal increases sleepiness, cough, and phlegm as well as breathing problems.
- Long brinjal is better than other brinjals.
- It enhances blood and digestion power.
- Raw brinjal eliminates the phlegm and bile.
- Ripe brinjal is full with alkali and increases bile.
- Half-ripen brinjal cures tridoshas (vatta, pitta and kapha) and purifies the blood and bile.
- Toast brinjal on fire and make bharta by it. Eating this bharta eliminates pitta and vatta.
- White brinjal is very useful for the patient of piles.
Brinjal (Baingan) Uses and Benefits:
1. Gas trouble:
- If the patient suffers from stomach gas and flatulence after drinking water, eat sabji (cooked vegetable) of long brinjal. Take its sabji until brinjal is available. It eliminates stomach gas. This remedy also provides relief in liver and spleen enlargement.
- Prepare sabji (cooked vegetable), bharta or soup by taking brinjal. Taking these with asafetida and garlic eliminates stomach gas and ends colic pain.
2. Excessive sweating: If the patient suffers from excessive sweating on the palms and soles, the victim should extract the juice from brinjal and apply it on the palms and soles. Its use gets rid of this problem.
- Toast brinjal and grind it with curd. Applying this mixture on the guinea worms regularly for 10 days provides relief.
- Grind a toasted big and round shaped brinjal and mix curd in it. Applying this mixture on the guinea worms regularly for 10 days provides relief.
- Grind the stem of brinjal and apply on pile. Its use provides relief in pain and burning sensation. Burn brinjal and mix honey in its ash to prepare paste. Applying this paste on piles’ warts ends them soon.
- Grind the stalks of brinjal plant and apply it on piles. Its use provides relief in pain and burning sensation.
- Burn brinjal and filter it through cloth after grinding. Applying this mixture on piles moles provides relief in pain.
5. Heart problems: Eating brinjal regularly is beneficial in heart problems.
6. Indigestion: Drinking the soup of brinjal and tomato cures indigestion and digests the food easily.
7. Malaria: Toast soft brinjal on flame and take it with jiggery (gur) on empty stomach in the morning daily. Its use is helpful in the enlargement of spleen and paleness of the body during malaria.
8. Poison of thron apple (Datura): Drinking 40 ml juice of brinjal alleviates datura poisoning.
- Eating saag (green cooked vegetable) of brinjal regularly brings out excessive urine because of which. Its use breaks small stones and brings them out with urinating.
- Toast brinjal on flame and throws its seeds out. Make bharta of this brinjal and eat it regularly for 15 to 20 days. Its use breaks the stones and throws them out.
10. Insomnia: Toast brinjal on flame and mix honey in it. Licking this mixture at night cures insomnia and provides sound sleep. This process should continue regularly. Its use provides relief in insomnia.
11. Amenorrhoea: Taking equal quantity of brinjal’s sabji (cooked vegetable), breads of millet and jiggery (gur) in winters provides relief in dirty and scanty menstrual excretion. This formula should not be accepted by those women who are hot natured.
12. Stomach heaviness: Toast brinjal on flame and mix impure carbonate of soda in it. Tying this preparation on the stomach makes it light soon.
13. Boils and pimples: Tie brinjal’s bandage on the boils and pimples. The boil burst after maturating by its use.
14. Testicles’ swelling: Mix ground root of brinjal plant with water and apply it on the testicles regularly for some days. Its use reduces the swelling and normalizes the testicles.
15. Flatulence: Fry sabji (cooked vegetable) of brinjal with fresh garlic and asafetida. Eating this sabji (cooked vegetable) eliminates stomach gas and the patient gets rid of flatulence.
- Drinking the soup of brinjal and spinach breaks constipation and increases digestion power.
- Toast brinjal on light flame and eat. Its use breaks constipation.
17. Ears pain: Extract the juice of toasted brinjal and mix neem’s gum in it and then heat it slightly. Pouring this juice in the ears drop by drop gets rid of earache.
18. Ear worms:
- Toast brinjal on flame and take its smoke into the ears. It use kills all worms of the ear.
- Heat the smoke of brinjal and mustard oil together. Thereafter, mix cow urine and orpiment ash in it. Pour this preparation in the ears to kill ears worms.
19. Liver enlargement: Eating brinjal’s bharta provides relief in liver-enlargement. Make brinjal’s bharta with mustard oil and red chilly in a cauldron of iron. Eating it regularly reduces enlarged liver.
20. Ascites: Chop a big brinjal and fill cold salt-ammoniac inside it then put it in open place at night. On the next morning, extract juice of this chopped brinjal. Take 4-5 drops of this juice with sugar spongy cake (batasa). Its use brings excessive urine out and cures ascites (dropsy).
21. Spleen enlargement: Eating the sabji (cooked vegetable) of fresh and long brinjal provides relief in enlarged spleen.
22. Vagina contraction: Grind dry brinjal and keep it in the vagina. Its use makes the vagina tight by shrinking it.
23. Intestines enlargement: Toast Maru brinjal in warm ash and chop it from the middle. Tying it on the testicles cures intestines’ enlargement and provides relief in pain. It is also very useful for the treatment of testicles enlargement of the children.
24. Rickets: Grind brinjal properly and extract juice of it. Mix a little rock salt in this juice. Giving one spoon juice to the affected child after lunch regularly for some days provides relief.
Brinjal (Baingan) Side Effects :
Precaution: It causes flatulence and increases piles.
Removing side-effect: Eating brinjal with ghee, meat and vinegar removes all side-effects of it.
इस लेख का हिंदी अनुवाद यहाँ पढ़ें ☛ बैंगन खाने के 26 बेहतरीन फायदे
Disclaimer: This article is for informational purposes only and should not be considered medical advice. Always consult with a qualified healthcare professional before starting any new herbal treatment.