Last Updated on November 30, 2023 by admin
Arjuna myrabalan is a savage tree, which is like Eina tree. Its leaves are like Eina leaves and about 3-4 inches wide. Its flowers are white. Its bark is white from external and red from internal. Its trees are found in about all the countries but mostly found in Kokan. Its wood is used to make buildings. Bark of Arjuna myrobalan tree is used as medicines.
Arjuna: Name in different languages
- Sanskrit – Arjuna
- Hindi – Kooha, Koh
- Bengali – Arjuna gachh
- Gujrati – Dholo sajad, Arjuna sajad
- Marathi – Arjuna, Sajhda, Pandhra, Aaien
- Telugu – Maddichettu
- Tamil – Marund
- Malayalam – Marut
- Latin – Sterculia, urens, Termenelia
Medicinal Properties of Arjuna:
Arjuna is an Ayurvedic herb that has been used traditionally to support heart health and cardiovascular function. Some of its benefits include:
- Strengthening heart muscle function and promoting healthy circulation
- Maintaining healthy cholesterol and blood pressure levels
- Supporting emotional wellness and balancing grief/sadness
- Energetically opening the heart chakra to increase love and devotion
Arjuna also provides support for other areas of health-
- Balancing excess kapha and pitta in the lungs for clear breathing
- Reducing excess pitta in the liver and skin for proper liver function and clear complexion
- Promoting comfortable digestion when taken as a tea
- Supporting healthy reproductive tissues
In Ayurveda, arjuna is considered-
- Cooling in action (virya)
- Astringent, bitter, and slightly pungent in taste (rasa)
- Pungent in post-digestive effect (vipaka)
- Balancing for pitta and kapha doshas; can aggravate vata in excess
- Beneficial for plasma, blood, bone and reproductive tissues (dhatus)
- Supports circulatory and reproductive channels (srotas)
Modern research on arjuna supports its traditional uses. Studies have shown effects on:
- Cardiovascular health
- Physical performance
- Anti-microbial properties
- Overall medicinal advancement and efficacy
How to Take Arjuna:
There are several ways to take arjuna to receive its benefits-
- On its own
- Most traditional method is as a powder mixed in warm water as a tea
- Can also take as a liquid extract for convenience
- In supplements
- Included in many Banyan Botanicals supplements like Heart Formula, Stress Ease, Women’s Natural Transition, Healthy Bones, and Sweet Ease
- Found in herbal oils and balms like Mahanarayan Oil, Daily Massage Oil, and Breast Care Balm
When determining the best way for you to take arjuna, tune into your specific needs and intentions to see where you feel most called.
For complex health conditions, it’s recommended to work with an Ayurvedic practitioner for individualized guidance on taking arjuna.
Arjuna: Uses and Benefits
1. Wound: The patient should wash the affected parts with decoction of Arjuna myrobalan’s bark because it cures wound quickly and worms do not originate in the wounds. Besides it, powder arjuna myrabalan bark can be sprinkled on the wounds because it cures them too. Its use is also beneficial when the patient burns.
2. Fractured bone: The patient should take powder of Arjuna myrobalan after mixing with milk as well as tie ground bark of it on the fractured bone. Using this process joints the fractured bones. Besides it, coat ghee on the fractured bone and spray powder of Arjuna myrobalan upon it thereafter tie a bandage. It is also useful to joint fractured bones.
3. Bile disorders: Make a decoction by boiling bark of arjuna myrobalan tree and mix cow milk in it to prepare dark. Add sugar in this decoction and give it to the patient, it ends bile disorders.
4. Tuberculosis and cough: Mix 20-21 drops juice of malabar nut with powder of arjuna myrobalan’s bark thereafter add honey, ghee and sugar with it. Tuberculosis and cough are cured by giving this mixture to the patient.
5. Haemoptysis (Blood disorders caused by bile) and typhoid: Mix powder of Arjuna myrobalan’s bark, ghee and milk with honey or jaggery thereafter give to the patient with water. Using this process is useful to cure typhoid and end blood disorders caused by bile.
6. Worms: Mix powder of flowers of Arjuna myrobalan tree, babreng, cus-cus, marking nut, resin, sandal, long leaved fine, costus root and uraria lagopoides (Pithani) powder together. Burn this mixture and take its smoke, it destroys the worms.
7. Bloody diarrhoea: Grind bark of Arjuna myrobalan tree with milk and take it to cure bloody diarrhoea.
8. Vatta disorders: Make a paste by mixing powder of arjuna myrobalan bark with honey and butter or mix its bark, malabar nut and madder root powder with honey and coat it on the stomach, it helps to end vatta disorders.
9. Acnes: Grind bark of Arjuna myrobalan tree with milk and coat it on face, it checks face acnes.
10. Heart problems: Cook equal quantity of powder of Arjuna myrabalan and wheat-flour with cow or goat milk until it boils then mix pure ghee in it. After that, take this preparation with honey or sugar to end all the types of heart problems.
11. Heart weakness: Boil 5 grams powder of Arjuna myrobalan’s bark and 250 ml milk with some water until remains only milk then mix 10 grams sugar-candy in it after filtering. After that, take this medicine daily in the morning to make the heart strong and prevent bleeding from the nose and mouth. It also cures typhoid and checks bloody diarrhoea.
Is Arjuna Safe?
In most situations, arjuna is considered generally safe to take. However, there are some precautions to be aware of:
- Not recommended during pregnancy
- If nursing, taking medications, or have a medical condition, consult with a health practitioner before taking
- Can exacerbate constipation due to its drying nature
It’s important to approach taking any herb carefully. Check with a professional to determine if arjuna is right for your individual health needs.
इस लेख का हिंदी अनुवाद यहाँ पढ़ें ☛ अर्जुन छाल के 40 चमत्कारिक औषधिय प्रयोग व फायदे
Disclaimer: This article is for informational purposes only and should not be considered medical advice. Always consult with a qualified healthcare professional before starting any new herbal treatment.